It's been a very busy week...but we've still got a couple of great, yet easy recipes to share...
We're so excited...Le Jardin Antiquities opened this week. Laurie Miller has put together a fabulous group of experienced and talented dealers. We have joined with Bonnie Blackmon, Pat Pflugrad, Cindy Staley and Jim Rule to form a wonderful antique and decorative market collective. The offering is fabulous , and is only going to get better as we establish and move forward...
You'll be hearing lots more about Le Jardin in the future...
While we're excited about our new venture...don't forget Fabulous Finds! We're still there and bringing in new inventory all the time. It's a wonderful shopping venue too.
But it's time for Sunday Supper...
Mexican Chicken Lime Soup...Yum
- · 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- · 1 onion, finely chopped
- · 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- · 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- · 2 canned chipotlechiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- · 6 cups chicken broth
- · 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- · Juice of 2 limes
- · Salt and pepper
- · 1 avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise into 12 pieces
- · Crushed tortilla chips
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Increase the heat to high, push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chipotles and adobo sauce, then stir in the chicken broth. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming any foam. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
Place avocado slices in each of 6 soup bowls and pour in the soup. Top with the tortilla chips.
We're adding a little something sweet tonight...
Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake...This is to die for!!!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 8 oz. plain or vanilla , greek yogurt
- 12 oz. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan. Sift together the 2 1/4 cups flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the ewggs one at a time, then stir in 1 TB. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
3. Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
4. Pour the bater into the bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes., or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 TB. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar, drizzle over the top of the cake.
It's an eat in the kitchen kind of night...
It's your turn. Let's talk!
Mexican Chicken Lime Soup Recipe and image via...http://aspicyperspective.com/2010/05/farmstand-fresh.html
Strawberry Yogurt Bread Recipe and image via..http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/7-dishes-with-cilantro-and-not-one-tastes-like-soap-2484897/;_ylt=AvyoHTb77nI9X52MIbaJh_ZfbqU5#photoViewer=6
Other images via This is Glamorous and Haus Design