It's just been so hot! Hard to get motivated to fire up the stove or stand in front of a grill.
We're spending as much time as we can on Greers Ferry...
Jansen's Restaurant.. is right on the lake and a favorite of ours.
We just pulled in to pick up our carrot cake on the way in... It's a six layer cake that is absolutely delicious!
Love the addition of the cute little string of basket lights on the patio...
Yes, that is a gorgeous lake in the background.
Tonight it's gonna be something really light and yummy...I can hardly wait!
Smashed White Bean and Avocado Sandwich...Image and Recipe from Real Simple Click here to visit.
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, preferably hothouse (seedless), thinly sliced (peeled, if desired)
- 1 4- to 5-ounce container sprouts (such as alfalfa, radish, broccoli, or a combination)
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, oil, salt, and pepper. Roughly mash the mixture with the back of a fork.
- Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among them. Top with the onion, cucumber, sprouts, and avocado.
- Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve.
What's on your table for hot Summer nights?
It's your turn. Let's talk!