It's sooo good to get back to Sunday Suppers...
We love trying new things...and this is a great recipe from Bettencourt Chase...
Yummy Shrimp and Grits
1/2 cup quick grits
2 cups water
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tsp butter
5 slices bacon(We use the low-sodium kind because otherwise it is sooooo salty.)
15 large, pre-cooked shrimp, deveined with the tails off
3 tsp minced garlic
4 scallions, chopped
1. Boil the water, then cook the grits with the salt and pepper according to the directions on the box. As soon as the water is absorbed, move off the burner and mix in the butter and cheese.
2. While the grits are cooking, cook the bacon in a large skillet on medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon, but not the grease.
3. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until they are a bit brown and heated through.
4. Take the shrimp out of the skillet. Crumble the bacon and put back into the skillet with the chopped scallions and garlic. Saute for about a minute.
5. Spoon the cheesy grits into two bowls and add the bacon-scallion mixture on top. Top with shrimp.
6. Enjoy the cheesy, bacony goodness!
The table is all set...
How about you? Are you getting back to your normal routines?
What's for dinnr at your house?
It's Your Turn. Let's Talk!
Images via Bettencourt Chase, Plum Sienna, This is Glamorous