Yum! We are definitely excited about these yummy tacos!
- 1 pound (16-20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup jerk marinade
- 2 cups cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup pina colada crema (see below)
- 12 small corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups grilled pineapple salsa (I added 1/2 red pepper, diced this time.)
- Marinate the shrimp in the the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to over night.
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes per side.
- Toss the cabbage in half of the crema.
- Assemble tacos by placing the slaw on the tortillas, followed by the pineapple salsa and shrimp finally topping with a drizzle of crema.
How about some cool and creamy pina colada crema for the top?
Pina Colada Crema
All of the flavours of pina colada in a crema that is perfect for jerk tacos and other Caribbean inspired dishes!
Servings: 1 cup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon rum (or 1 teaspoon rum extract) (optional)
- Puree everything in a food processor and enjoy!
Tip: If you cannot find coconut cream, open a can of coconut milk without shaking it and use the thick white part on the top which is coconut cream.
The sisters are still at Round Top shopping for goodies to share at our Unloading Event - Thursday April 3rd. Don't miss it.
Its your turn. Lets Talk!