This recipe is a keeper...It is sooo good. We've been iced in so I actually fixed this on Friday.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken.
I pinned the recipe from Kim with ThisLittleLifeOfMine.blogspot This is actually her image. And you should definitely visit her blog. Maybe I'll show you my plate at the end...my photography is not so pretty. Back to the recipe. It's simple and it's good. I had all of the ingredients on hand without a trip to the store. Good thing...because we couldn't get out of our driveway.
4-6 chicken breasts
1 cup packed brown sugar *
2/3 cup vinegar *I used apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup lemon-lime soda *I used Dr. Pepper
2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic *
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons corn starch
2 Tablespoons water
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mine were frozen
- Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
The meat was so tender it just fell apart and was both sweet and savory. I will definitely make this again...